Sunday 19 April 2015

Little cologne haul

 Hello my lovely readers,
I know its been quiet arround here for a while but it has been crazy busy. I have a fair amount of travelling to do for work and am spending crazy hours at work. On the plus side, there is a little Berlin trip report coming up. But well i promised a little Cologne haul first so here we go. I focused mainly on purchasing items which are not as readily available in Belgium. I usually try to buy nearly all my drugstore make up at Germany because it is so much cheaper but since i had went recently, i was fine on the basic products and could just focus on some little extras. So first stop was obviously DM (see cologne shopping guide) where i bought this cute little tweezers for the handbag. Aren't they adorable? I also bought a mascara by Manhattan. As i told before, Manhattan is owned by the same company as Rimmel and a lot of their products are fairly similar while Manhanttan is a lot cheaper. I tried it by now and its good but not as great as my L'oreal million lashes mascara. It is however last very long and gives me a fair amount of volume. I also got my hands on a Maxfactor Creme puff blush. Those have been just in Germany since the end of March, so i was exited to get my hands on it. They had a selection of 4 colours and i chose "seductive pink" This one applies a wonderful natural peachy colour to my cheeks and i have used it a lot since the purchase. It is also supposedly a dupe to the hourglass baked blushes which i cannot comment on since i do not own those. But i can tell you that these are pretty amazing. I since then purchased another colour in Belgium (they have different ones there) and there will come a full blog review with swatches soon.
Next stop was the Kiko store. I love this affordable, yet high quality brand. I in the end purchased the eye base primer and the single eye shadow. I always need a primer for my eyeshadows and this one does the job. I yet have to find my holy grail one though. The single eye shadow is quite nice too but not to highly pigmented. You can see the swatch below next to the reddish NYX eyeshadow stick.
Which brings me to Douglas. I did not know that Douglas carrys NYX which i have so far not seen in Belgium. So i had to give it a shot and bought a creme eyeshadow stick and a mini nude palette. I have to say for the price those work very well. The little palette is again not super pigmented but work great for doing a rather neutral eye.

Which brings me to Douglas. I did not know that Douglas carrys NYX which i have so far not seen in Belgium. So i had to give it a shot and bought a creme eyeshadow stick and a mini nude palette. I have to say for the price those work very well. The little palette is again not super pigmented but work great for doing a rather neutral eye.

Since this little haul i have been holding back with make up purchases since the hubby has to attend a conference in London end of this month (and guess who gets to join).  I hope you enjoyed this little haul.
And ups i nearly forgot this Kiehls daytime moisturiser for combination skin. You can find Kiehls in the Galeria Kaufhof department store. This moisturiser is perfect for this days of oily skin since it is incredibly lightweight. I have to say though that i mix it up with a heavier moisturiser for days where my skin feels a bit more dry.

No comments :

Post a Comment