Tuesday 30 September 2014

LUSH: Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub; Review


When i take a shower i love to use a good facial scrub. One of the advantages of using the scrub under the shower is that i do not need to worry about getting scrub particles into my hair since i will wash it anyway. 

Recently i have been trying the Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub from Lush. It contains sea salt to scrub (so no bad plastic microbeads), limes for brightening and avocado butter to soften the skin. It comes in the typical black lush pots which i like for how easy they are to open and close even in the shower. Also, if you collect 5 and return them to the Lush store, you get a fresh face mask for free (great idea to get people recycle Lush :) ). The colour of the scrub is a bit of an off white to blueish shade. Not in particular appealing colour but to be honest i prefer a natural colour since it means there  is no extra chemicals in there just to give a different colour.

I in general looooove Lush but I never tried this scrub so I was curious about this one. Scrubs are always for me a balancing act. There are the ones which are just very weak and basically won't do anything and then there are the ones which leave you with red skin (which is too much for my liking). 

Now this Scrub felt at first felt rather coarse and i was worrying it would be to harsh on my skin. However, it quickly started to feel softer. It does not have a very intense scent which i also appreciate. In fact it smells rather lightly citrusy and fresh. I like this a lot. After I got out of the shower i still applied my usual moisturiser.  By now i can say, this scrub has been amazing. Even the day after I still felt that my skin was softer and cleaner then usual. I had no redness whatsoever nor any dry feeling of the skin. I use it two to maximum three times per week since to much abrasive skin treatments can really dry out your skin.

I have used it so far just for my face since it is rather pricey and I felt the little pot would be to fast empty when i would use it all over, so i have not tried that yet, however since my face is usually more sensitive then the rest of my skin, i am sure it would work there too. I am loving this product and i think i will repurchase it when the little pot is empty.
Have you tried any other Lush scrub? I would love to hear more about it! Let me know in the comments.

No comments :

Post a Comment